petsc-dev recompile needed

Mathieu Taillefumier taillefu at mpi-halle.mpg.de
Wed Jun 28 08:12:09 CDT 2006

Hy,

do your modifications include variable name like I (upper i) in your
structure. My question seems to be strange but it motivated by the fact
that the code will not be compliant if you use a C compiler for complex
types (Sorry for that, I am not defining the norms). In fact, I almost
made all corrections in the code in order to compile complex version of
PETSC with gcc (icc works also), but I didn't send any modifications
just because of time. The number of modified files is little and mostly
it corresponds to give a different name to the variables. I will do this
job again on the last development version of the library and send the
modified files to the mailing list if I don't find any others ways.
A second point should be noticed. I use the library (complex type
compiled with C compiler) and it seems to work correctly. At least I
didn't have any difference in the results. However, i think that this
option should be used with caution.

Mathieu