PETSc 2.2.0 release

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Feb 27 15:30:37 CST 2004

We are pleased to announce the release of the PETSc 2.2.0 parallel
software libraries for the implicit solution of PDEs and related
problems.

There is one major change. The SLES component is now GONE, all of its
functionality can be obtained through the KSP object. See
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-2/documentation/changes/220.html
for a list of changes in this release.

Though we still support the editing of $PETSC_DIR/bmake/$PETSC_ARCH/ files
for installing PETSc, we now also have a (semi) automatic configuration
tool that automatically sets up the configuration files: see
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-2/documentation/installation.html

As always, please send bug reports, questions, and requests for new
features to petsc-maint at mcs.anl.gov.

Thanks for your continued support.

The PETSc developers,
Satish, Kris, Bill, Dinesh, Matt, Lois, Barry and Hong