[Parvis-users] How to compile gdal in AIX

Krishna, Jayesh jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 12 20:14:17 CDT 2014

Hi,
 As Mary mentioned in her email try the GDAL mailing list. This error is because different compilers require (some strictly) compliance with different versions of the C++ standard.
 Also try the following and see if it works (no guarantees, I don't have access to AIX so cannot try this on my own),

# Note that the fix below is not the *right* fix but the simplest one.
# Edit ./gcore/rasterio.cpp (GDAL source file with the error)
# Remove the static keyword from the definition of the function GDALCopyWordsT

template <class Tin, class Tout>
//static void GDALCopyWordsT(const Tin* const pSrcData, int nSrcPixelOffset,
void GDALCopyWordsT(const Tin* const pSrcData, int nSrcPixelOffset,
                           Tout* const pDstData, int nDstPixelOffset,
                           int nWordCount)

# Recompile GDAL

Regards,
Jayesh