Path oddity in PNetCDF build/configure

Carl Ponder cponder at nvidia.com
Sun Oct 24 16:07:33 CDT 2021

I attached the config.log here, but it doesn't show the steps used in
the mpicc checking:

    configure:4284: result: /usr/bin/sed -i''
    *configure:4682: checking mpicc under yes*
    configure:4689: result: no
    configure:4772: error:
          Specified MPI C compiler "mpicc" cannot be found under yes
          PnetCDF requires a working MPI C compiler. Please specify the
    location
          of an MPI C compiler, either in the MPICC environment variable
          (not CC variable) or through --with-mpi configure flag. Abort.

The command-line I used was

    ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-shared --with-mpi
    --enable-large-single-req