nf90mpi_get_var_all error code

Wei-Keng Liao wkliao at northwestern.edu
Tue Mar 23 03:45:11 CDT 2021

API nf90mpi_strerror() can be used to obtain the error message, for example

  err = nf90mpi_get_var_all(ncid, varid, buf, start, count)
  write(6,*) "Error when calling nf90mpi_get_var_all ", trim(nf90mpi_strerror(err))

Error code -40 is constant NF90_EINVALCOORDS, which corresponds to the message below.
   NetCDF: Index exceeds dimension bound

Check the argument "start" for invalid values used.

Wei-keng