Building PNetCDF for WRF on ANL LCRC

Robert Fritzen rfritzen1 at niu.edu
Wed Apr 22 15:45:54 CDT 2020

Good Afternoon PNetCDF Team,

I have been trying to compile PNetCDF for use in the WRF model on Bebop (LCRC - ANL) following the following guide for compilation (http://www.hpcadvisorycouncil.com/pdf/WRF_v3.8%20Installation_Best_Practices.pdf), however I am using the GNU compiler suite instead of the intel compiler suite. (The loaded modules on bebop are: gcc/7.3.0-xyzezhj and openmpi/3.1.3-obi56bx)

My issue is with the large file tests which fails:

make[4]: Entering directory `/lcrc/project/ACPC/WRF/libs/lib_files/pnetcdf-1.12.1/test/largefile'
PASS: large_files
PASS: large_var
PASS: large_dims_vars_attrs
PASS: high_dim_var
PASS: tst_cdf5_begin
FAIL: large_coalesce
PASS: bigrecords
PASS: tst_flarge

The other required libraries prior to PNetCDF compilation (zlib, szip, libpng, jpeg, jasper, and HDF5 (Parallel)) fully compiled and tested without errors. The export statements I am using are:

export CC=mpicc
export CXX=mpicxx
export FC=mpif90
export F77=mpif90
export F90=mpif90
export OMPI_MPICC=gcc
export OMPI_MPICXX=g++
export OMPI_MPIFC=gfortran
export OMPI_MPIF77=gfortran
export OMPI_MPIF90=gfortran
export CFLAGS='-g -O2 -fPIC'
export CXXFLAGS='-g -O2 -fPIC'
export FFLAGS='-g -fPIC'
export FCFLAGS='-g -fPIC'
export FLDFLAGS='-fPIC'
export F90LDFLAGS='-fPIC'
export LDFLAGS='-fPIC'

I am running the configure command as such:

./configure --prefix=$WRF_LIBRARIES --enable-fortran --enable-large-file-test

$WRF_LIBRARIES is the path to where my libraries are being installed on LCRC.

Any assistance to help successfully compile PNetCDF would be appreciated. Thanks!
Robert

~
Robert C. Fritzen
Ph.D. Student (NIU)
M.S. Geography & Atmospheric Sciences (NIU, 2017)
B.S. Atmospheric Sciences (Unv. Illinois Urbana-Champaign, 2013)
Office Location: Davis Hall 209
~