conftest.c:11:28: fatal error: ac_nonexistent.h: No such file or directory

Wei-keng Liao wkliao at eecs.northwestern.edu
Sun Sep 30 12:49:58 CDT 2018

Your config.log shows the configuration was successful.
The error message you are referring is just part of testing
and can be ignored. The true failure of configure command will
print an error message explicitly on screen.

There are many example programs available in all PnetCDF releases,
under folder examples. Command “make ptest” will run them
using 4 MPI processes. You can check the source codes
of these program and use them as template for your own codes.

Wei-keng