New release of PnetCDF version 1.11.0

Wei-keng Liao wkliao at eecs.northwestern.edu
Wed Dec 19 22:16:45 CST 2018

Hello to the PnetCDF community,

On behavior of PnetCDF developer team, I am pleased to announce the
new release of PnetCDF version 1.11.0. The software tar ball can be
downloaded from: https://parallel-netcdf.github.io/wiki/Download.html
Detailed changes since version 1.10.0 are listed in its release note
https://parallel-netcdf.github.io/Release_notes/1.11.0.md

We would also like to use this opportunity to rectify the official name
of this software. To avoid confusion with the parallel I/O feature of
NetCDF library, we had an internal discussion and decided to use “PnetCDF”
(capital “P", lower-case “net", and capital “CDF") as the official name
of this project. We have updated the name throughout the PnetCDF project
web pages (https://parallel-netcdf.github.io) and also encourage our
users to use this official name, PnetCDF.

Please report problems encountered to this mailing list or create
github issues on PnetCDF repo https://github.com/Parallel-NetCDF/PnetCDF.

Best regards and have nice holidays!

Wei-keng Liao