preview release of PnetCDF 1.11.0

Wei-keng Liao wkliao at eecs.northwestern.edu
Tue Dec 4 13:42:40 CST 2018

Hello to the PnetCDF community,

We are pleased to announce the preview release of PnetCDF 1.11.0 is
now available. We are sincerely soliciting feedbacks from the PnetCDF
community for this test release. The official 1.11.0 is expected
to be available in a week.

The tar ball (and all previous releases) can be downloaded from:
https://parallel-netcdf.github.io/wiki/Download.html

Below is a brief list of noticeable changes.
1. A NetCDF-4 driver is added for accessing HDF5-based NetCDF-4 files.
2. Per-file thread-safe capability is added.
3. Automatic file layout alignment for fixed-size variables is disabled.
4. Bug fixes.

Detailed changes made since 1.10.0 are listed in
https://github.com/Parallel-NetCDF/PnetCDF/blob/master/sneak_peek.md

Please report problems encountered to this mailing list or create
github issues on PnetCDF repo https://github.com/Parallel-NetCDF/PnetCDF.

regards

Wei-keng Liao