PnetCDF error on cluster

Wei-keng Liao wkliao at eecs.northwestern.edu
Mon Apr 16 23:25:00 CDT 2018

Hi,

Using NFS is discouraged for MPI-IO (and PnetCDF as well) applications, because
it requires a special setting in NFS lock daemons to make it work correctly
for MPI-IO.
See ROMIO user guide at ftp://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/romio/users-guide/node12.html <ftp://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/romio/users-guide/node12.html>

If the HPC cluster you are using has a parallel file system, such as Lustre or
OrangeFS, then you should use it.

Wei-keng