pnetcdf.inc pnetcdf missing in include directory after installation

Wei-keng Liao wkliao at eecs.northwestern.edu
Fri Jun 9 21:05:07 CDT 2017

Hi, Xiao

Your config.log reveals that there is no MPI C++ and Fortran compilers
can be found on your system. Your do have an MPI C compiler located in
/global/opt/intel_2016/impi/5.1.1.109/bin64/mpicc

At the end of configure command, you should have seen below warning messages.
configure:5195: WARNING:
                   MPI C++ implementation does not support MPI-IO
                   Disabling C++ testing programs
configure:6669: WARNING:
           Invalid MPI Fortran 90 compiler: "/opt/intel/bin/ifort"
           Fortran feature is disabled

They indicate both C++ and Fortran features were disabled.
Please check files under /global/opt/intel_2016/impi/5.1.1.109/bin64
to see if there are MPI C++ and MPI Fortran compilers.

If yes, please try the following configure command.

./configure --prefix=/home/xzhang3/apps/pnetcdf \
            --with-mpi=/global/opt/intel_2016/impi/5.1.1.109/bin64

Wei-keng