input/output errors from "make check"

Wei-keng Liao wkliao at eecs.northwestern.edu
Thu May 28 10:20:04 CDT 2015

Hi, Carl

The error message "=>> PBS: job killed: walltime 3636 exceeded limit 3600"
means the time allocated in your job submitted to the PBS queue is 3600 seconds, and the
job ran more than that limit and was killed by the system.

Each of nc_test, nf_test, and nf90_test performs thousands of small writes to test PnetCDF.
On some systems, especially those with storage systems separated from the compute systems, eg. IBM BG machines, these tests will take a long time. Please allocated more time for you job, say 2 hours.

Also, you can compile all test programs before running the tests, by doing the followings.
cd test
make
cd ../examples
make
cd ..

This way your job will run with all test executables already built.

Wei-keng