Is it possible to read pnetCDF files from VisIt (llnl)

Wei-keng Liao wkliao at eecs.northwestern.edu
Wed Jan 21 00:15:40 CST 2015

Hi, Maxim

PnetCDF is an I/O library for accessing files that are in CDF formats.
The files are often called netCDF files. PnetCDF cannot recognize silo files.

If you are looking for instructions about getting netCDF files into Visit,
please refer to Visit's FAQ:
https://wci.llnl.gov/simulation/computer-codes/visit/faqs/faq29

Could you run command "ncmpidump -k your_file.nc"? It tells the format of your file.

If Visit could not recognize files created by your PnetCDF program, check the
file create mode used in your Fortran program. Try removing NF_64BIT_DATA or
NF_64BIT_OFFSET, if you are using them, and see if it works.

Wei-keng