Is it possible to read pnetCDF files from VisIt (llnl)

Maxim Barkov maxim.barkov at riken.jp
Tue Jan 20 02:22:39 CST 2015

Dear Community-fellows,

I am very new with pnetCDF.
I am sorry for interrupting you but I did not find such information in web.

Visit is nice visualization program, unfortunately its  native format silo
can't be red from FORTRAN code. PnetCDF can be good alternative for silo
format, taking in to account its speed in parallel I/O procedures.

After installation of pnetCDF I try to read test data files from Visit
but failed.
Anybody work with pnetCDF and Visit?
1) Is it possible
2) If yes. Which minimal information is necessary in pnetCDF file for that?
3) any tricks from Visit side?
Any reference to related articles or webpages are very welcome.

Thank you in advance,
Maxim