File header is inconsistent among processes

Sean Byland seanb at cray.com
Fri Sep 19 12:54:57 CDT 2014

Hello,
A parallel-netcdf user gets this error:

  NetCDF error: File header is inconsistent among processes
  NetCDF error ( -250 ) from NFMPI_ENDDEF in ext_pnc_open_for_write_commit wrf_io.F90, line 1360
 med_restart_out: opening wrfrst_d01_2013-06-01_00_10_00 for writing

when running  software/parallel-netcdf (1.5.0) libraries that were built with CCE but doesn’t with an application/library that were built with Intel’s compiler. I’m still waiting on the user for something that I need to reproduce the error and start experimenting but was hoping that someone on this mailing list might have some useful information or hints about what’s causing this error and how I might fix it (or where I might look). All of the “make check” test pass. Thanks for any input.

Sean B