bug in pnetcdf.mod

Jim Edwards jedwards at ucar.edu
Tue Oct 30 17:02:20 CDT 2012

Hi,

The attached program writes a file of form

netcdf test {
// file format: CDF-5 (big variables)
dimensions:
        Clen1 = 12 ;
        Clen2 = 6 ;
variables:
        char string1(Clen1) ;
        char string2(Clen2, Clen1) ;
data:

 string1 = "abcdefghijkl" ;

 string2 =
  "1bcdefghijkl",
  "2bcdefghijkl",
  "3bcdefghijkl",
  "4bcdefghijkl",
  "5bcdefghijkl",
  "6bcdefghijkl" ;
}

The program works fine when using #include <pnetcdf.inc>  but when trying
to use pnetcdf.mod
it incorrectly gives an error, I believe that the module interface just
needs to be expanded to include multi-dimensional character strings.  I am
using code from the repository svn v1100

 mpxlf95_r pnetcdf-write-bug.F -I/contrib/parallel-netcdf/svn1100/include
-L/contrib/parallel-netcdf/svn1100/lib -lpnetcdf -qfixed
"pnetcdf-write-bug.F", line 79.48: 1513-061 (S) Actual argument attributes
do not match those specified by an accessible explicit interface.
** main   === End of Compilation 1 ===
1501-511  Compilation failed for file pnetcdf-write-bug.F.

--
Jim Edwards

CESM Software Engineering Group
Boulder, CO