Tests fail after building parallel netcdf with gcc and openmpi

Wei-keng Liao wkliao at ece.northwestern.edu
Wed Jan 4 20:19:00 CST 2012

Hi, Greg,

The error message indicates the file access permission.
Could you please check if you have the right permission (file creation especially)?

Another possible cause is the OpenMPI. Have you run an MPI program that
successfully creates/opens a file? Below is a simple MPI program. Please
give it a try and let us know.

#include <stdio.h>
#include <mpi.h>
int main(int argc, char **argv) {
    MPI_File fh;
    MPI_Init(&argc, &argv);
    MPI_File_open(MPI_COMM_WORLD, "testfile", MPI_MODE_CREATE | MPI_MODE_RDWR,
                  MPI_INFO_NULL, &fh);
    MPI_File_close(&fh);
    MPI_Finalize();
    return 0;