Problems with PGI and 1.1.1

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Mon May 17 08:54:34 CDT 2010

Dave

First, PGI 8 should never have seen the light of day. We back-ported to
7.2 after a month of sys admin testing. ( was better. 10.3 is good, but
now 10.5 is out. Keeping up is a pain.

I'll have to run the test suite again, but on "real" wrf runs, it
appears to behave fine.

Are you sure OpenMPI and the mpich flavors were compiled with -fPIC?
That was a problem I ran into, although it appeared as a compile-time error.

gerry