Problems with PGI and 1.1.1

David Robertson robertson at marine.rutgers.edu
Mon May 17 08:10:53 CDT 2010

Hi,

I'm having problems with "make testing" (in nc_test) using PGI. I have
tried 3 mpi implementations (MPICH, MPICH2, and Open MPI) and 3 versions
(8.0, 9.0, and 10.1) of the PGI compiler. All of these compile without
errors. However, They all Segfault at different places when I run the
testing suite.

For example, PGI 10.1 with Open MPI segfaults while testing
ncmpi_get_var1_short but 9.0 with Open MPI segfaults while testing
ncmpi_get_var_schar. Both the compiler version and MPI implementation
seem to affect where nc_test fails.

On the same machine I can compile and test with both ifort and gfortran
using either MPICH2 or Open MPI. The combination of ifort and MPICH is
also successful.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,
Dave