parallel-netcdf 1.1.0 released

Rob Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Nov 2 12:22:25 CST 2009

Hello to all our parallel-netcdf friends!

Northwestern University and Argonne National Laboratory are happy to
announce version 1.1.0 of parallel-netcdf.

Perhaps the biggest news about this release is our "big variable"
support, allowing users to create netcdf datasets with variables
exceeding the former 4GByte limit.   We also have developed a method
to combine operations to multiple variables in a dataset.

The Release Notes contain a more detailed list of all the new features
and links to additional documentation.

Downloads:

* bzip2ded tarball (13 MB): http://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/parallel-netcdf/parallel-netcdf-1.1.0.tar.bz2
* gzipped tarball (3.5 MB): http://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/parallel-netcdf/parallel-netcdf-1.1.0.tar.gz

For more information, please consult the Release Notes:

http://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/parallel-netcdf/wiki/ReleaseNotes-1.1.0

Don't hesitate to send along any feedback.  Have fun!

==rob (on behalf of the entire parallel-netcdf development team)

Argonne National Lab, IL USA