problem with put_att (maximum number of attributes)

Wei-keng Liao wkliao at ece.northwestern.edu
Thu Feb 19 14:27:57 CST 2009

Hi, Lex,

PnetCDF requires the attribute define arguments be the same across
all processes. This is why you got the error message for defining
attribute "history" in line 400, if its value "conflicts" among
processes.
I think you have got this.

I checked your codes. Starting from line 562, you have a few text
attributes
from des_tgas_picture(i), des_trac_picture(i), des_tpas_picture(i),
and des.
Similar for out_type == 2. Are you sure their values are all the same
across
all the processes? May be you can use MPI_Bcast to check if anyone has
different value.

Wei-keng