Error in configuring pnetcdf on Bluegene/L

mmkader mmkader at narss.sci.eg
Tue Jun 24 03:19:41 CDT 2008

Dear Sir,
I'm trying to configure the parallel netcdf library to link with WRF model on BlueGene/L. I set some environmental variables as suggested by the pnetcdf which are:

setenv CC blrts_xlc
setenv MPICC blrts_xlc
setenv CXX blrts_xlC
setenv MPICXX blrts_xlC
setenv FC blrts_xlf
setenv F77 blrts_xlf
setenv MPIF77 blrts_xlf
setenv CFLAGS "-I/bl/BlueLight/ppcfloor/bglsys/include/"
setenv LIBS "-L/bgl/BlueLight/ppcfloor/bglsys/lib -lmpich.rts -lmsglayer.rts -ldevices.rts -lrts.rts -ldevices.rts -lrts.rts"

I ensured that theses variables were set correctly and the configure script reads these variables successfully. I ran the configuration script with the following arguments:
./configure --build powerpc32-unknown-gnu --host powerpc-suse-linux --with-mpi=/bgl/BlueLight/ppcfloor/bglsys/

Now, I have a configuration error concerning with MPI_offset size:

checking sizeof MPI_Offset... "conftest.c", line 1.10: 1506-296 (S) #include file "mpi.h" not found.

I ensured that the "mpi.h" is located in "/bl/BlueLight/ppcfloor/bglsys/include/"
I don't know where is the problem. I attached with this mail the configuration log file
I will be very happy if you could help me.
Thank you very much