parallel-netcdf-0.9.3 release

Robert Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 7 15:55:11 CST 2004

On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 04:47:05PM +0100, Rene Redler wrote:
> I then found a way to build the ocean model without -ew (by only setting
> the reals to 64 bit) which enabled me to use the standard pnetcdf lib.
> When compiling the ocean code and including pnetcdf.inc I got an compiler
> error which was related to the last lines in pnetcdf.inc.  These lines
> tell me to define the C macros NF_*_IS_C_*. Why and where is this needed
> for?

Hello Rene. thanks for waiting while I was on vacation.

What was the compiler error?  You were trying to build and run nf_test
to verify everything worked correctly with 64 bit reals.  Do I
understand what you were trying to do correctly?

Just want to make sure i fix the right problem :>

Argonne National Labs, IL USA                B29D F333 664A 4280 315B