buffering writes

Rob Ross rross at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Apr 9 20:29:22 CDT 2004

Hi James,

This is a very good thing to be thinking about.  Actually though, there
are no MPI-IO implementations that really do this sort of thing right now,
and we haven't built this into PnetCDF either.  It's a good idea, and I
expect to see more implementations (both MPI-IO and high-level libraries
such as PnetCDF) doing this sort of thing in the future.

Rob