buffering writes

Foucar, James G jgfouca at sandia.gov
Fri Apr 9 19:45:31 CDT 2004

Hello,

I have a question about buffering in pnetcdf. I am in a unique situation in
that the reads and writes in my program are in two different phases.
Therefore, all of the writes, none of which overwrite each other, do not
need to be "seen" until I close the dataset. I was thinking it would be nice
to buffer as many of these writes as possible since there is no urgency in
them reaching the disk. The problem is I don't know how to enable maximum
buffering. Does it have something to do with the MPI_Info object that you
give the ncmpi_create procedure?

Thanks,
James