Fwd: Re: pnetcdf 0.8.8 release

William Gropp gropp at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jul 31 11:51:28 CDT 2003

One thing to consider is the use of a "cross file" such as MPICH2
uses.  For each test that must be run, the environment variable CROSS_XXX
provides the value for the cross-compilation case (e.g.,
CROSS_SIZEOF_INT).  A --enable-cross=crossfile can cause configure to load
a file containing the definitions (provided separately by the user, or,
also a in MPICH2, with a *single* program that writes out all of the
necessary values).

Bill