The latest.

John Tannahill tannahill1 at llnl.gov
Tue Jul 29 12:58:54 CDT 2003

The latest =>

I moved from seaborg (NERSC) back to frost (LLNL/ASCI) and ran the two
attached test codes, one in Fortran and one in C.  I used the
pnetcdf-0.8.5 installed by Tyce Mclarty.  I ran both tests.  They run
to completion.  The netCDF output for the C program appears to be correct;
the output for the Fortran program does not.  The outputs are below.

I need to know how to address this problem in the most expeditious way
possible?  I know I have been flooding the airways with e-mail, but I
am unsure of a better way?  I am sure that you folks at ANL have other
things on your plate, but my main focus here is to make use of a
parallel netCDF capability in a Fortran code, although I am willing to
help in any way I can with testing, debugging, etc. I need to make
faster progress if at all possible.  Is there one person that should be
my primary point of contact at ANL?  Tyce has been very helpful here at
LLNL, as well as Rob Latham at ANL and Brad Gallagher at the University
of Chicago, but I feel that things are getting bogged down and I need to
see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Fortran netCDF output from test case =>

/g/g17/jrt/Pnf[69]: ncdump *.nc
netcdf pnf_test {
dimensions:
          level = 536874476 ;
          latitude = 536874480 ;
}

C netCDF output from test case =>

/g/g17/jrt/Pnc[66]: ncdump *.nc
netcdf pnc_test {
dimensions:
          level = 10 ;
          latitude = 20 ;
          longitude = 30 ;
variables:
          float tt(level, latitude, longitude) ;
data:

   tt =
    0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,
      0, 0, 0, 0, 0,
    0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,
      0, 0, 0, 0, 0,

Regards,
John

--