Installation of pnetcdf on Irix 64.

Kevin Roy Kevin.Roy at man.ac.uk
Wed Jul 23 04:21:21 CDT 2003

Hi,

I have just installed parallel netCDF on an Origin 3000 and foundd the
following warnings:

cc-1164 cc: WARNING File = put_vars_textf.c, Line = 22
  Argument of type "int *" is incompatible with parameter of type
          "const size_t *".

      *ierr = ncmpi_put_vars_text( *v1, *v2, v3, v4, v5, v6 );
                                             ^

cc-1164 cc: WARNING File = put_vars_textf.c, Line = 22
  Argument of type "int *" is incompatible with parameter of type
          "const size_t *".

      *ierr = ncmpi_put_vars_text( *v1, *v2, v3, v4, v5, v6 );
                                                 ^
These shouldn't be a problem in running the code as sizeof(int *) and
sizeof (const size_t *) are the same and that somewhere a size_t is
probably defined as an int.  Just thought you'd like to know in case this
doesn't appear on other platforms.

Regards,

Kevin.

|                          Kevin Roy                               |
| Address:  Kilburn Building           Telephone: +44 161 275 7031 |
|           University Of Manchester         Fax: +44 161 275 6800 |
|           Oxford Road                  Mobile : +44 7720 292 348 |
|           Manchester                                             |
|           M13 9PL                    Email:  Kevin.Roy at man.ac.uk |