0.8.9 on QSC (ASCi Q)

William Gropp gropp at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Aug 31 13:58:54 CDT 2003

At 08:45 PM 8/28/2003 -0500, JB Gallagher wrote:
>All,
>
>Unfortunately this didn't seemed to fix things:
>
>setenv FC "f77 -i8"
>setenv F90 "f90 -i8"
>setenv FFLAGS "-i8"
>
>./configure --prefix=<dir> --with-mpi=<mpi?
>
>Still produced the same configure error:

This won't help, because the problem is with assumptions about the sizes of
the objects in the C code; the configure could (and probably should) test
the Fortran environment, but does not.

>Checking whether size_t and int size match... no
>configure: error: This is a critical error; please report this size
>mismatch to the developers!
>
>I'll keep tyring tommorow and let you know if I make any progress, does
>anyone else have any other ideas?

The absolute easiest thing to do is to comment out the test in the
configure script and to ensure that the Fortran interface does not get
built.  We will also be making another release this week which fixes the
sizet/int problem, provides a way to turn off building the Fortran
interface, and many fixes to the Fortran interface.

Bill