0.8.9 on QSC (ASCi Q)

Jianwei Li jianwei at cheetah.cpdc.ece.nwu.edu
Thu Aug 28 20:30:14 CDT 2003

Brad,

I checked and found that Bill just said you can bypass the fortran
interface since you don't need it.

And here is the following answer from Tyce about how to bypass it:)

Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 08:35:10 -0700
From: Tyce Mclarty <mclarty3 at llnl.gov>
To: JB Gallagher <jbgallag at flash.uchicago.edu>,
jianwei at ece.northwestern.edu,
     rross at mcs.anl.gov, parallel-netcdf at mcs.anl.gov,
     jbgallag at flash.uchicago.edu
Subject: Re: Compiling parallel-netcdf 0.8.9 on QSC (ASCI Q)

Can't you use the -i8 fortran flag to force 64 bit integers, so it will
pass the configure test?

 From f90 man page:

   -i8         Makes default integer and logical variables 8-bytes long
(same
               as the -integer_size 64 option).  The default is
-integer_size
               32.

Tyce

Hope it will help you through.