header and library name change

Troy Baer troy at osc.edu
Thu Apr 24 21:55:30 CDT 2003

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Robert Latham wrote:
> It seems easy enough to change the names: can anyone suggest why we
> shouldn't call them 'libpnetcdf' and 'pnetcdf.h' ?

That'd be fine with me.  I've been manually renaming things to
eg. libnetcdf-mpiio.a, but your idea is a bit eaier to type. :)

> on a related note, i'm going to regenerate the fortran bindings with a
> 'nfmpi_' prefix instead of 'ncmpif_' to make the code match the
> documentation.   Thanks for catching that one, too, troy.

A further note:  as far as I can tell, the Fortran bindings should work just
fine if you include the *serial* NetCDF's Fortran header (eg. 'include
netcdf.inc'), since in Fortran you don't really need function prototypes,
just the definitions of the constants.

	--Troy
Troy Baer                       email:  troy at osc.edu
Science & Technology Support    phone:  614-292-9701
Ohio Supercomputer Center       web:  http://oscinfo.osc.edu