[Nek5000-users] Tripping mechanism

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Feb 26 11:39:35 CST 2018

Hi Juan Diego,

yes, first you create a random signal in Z with the appropriate spatial
characteristics (in our case a low-pass filtered signal, but this could
potentially be created in any other way). So the way you suggest should
be fine, however, you just need to make sure that you signal does not
depend on the mesh, i.e. give smaller scales close to element boundaries
for instance.

Regarding the second point. Essentially you just want to be able to
restart your simulation. If you use the Lagrange-interpolants p as
described in our paper, you would need to be able to re-create the same
two h(z) you had when you stopped the simulation. That's what I meant.

Best regards,
Philipp