[mpich2-dev] Need to know the hook point for inter-process communication

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Oct 4 13:59:28 CDT 2012

On 10/03/2012 10:37 AM, arijit chattopadhyay wrote:
> Thanks Jeff. Actually in my Linux I can not run SSH[it is in pretty
> primitive condition]. So I have to channel the entire traffic over a
> serial line, which does not use SSH. What will be the best feasible way
> to implement that?

SSH is only used for launching processes; even that, only when you are
launching on a remote node.  The internal communication in MPICH
obviously does not use ssh.

Since you are just using the local node, the launcher within mpiexec
should be FORK, not SSH.  Similarly, all local node communication within
MPICH should use shared memory.  No SSH anywhere.

  -- Pavan

--
Pavan Balaji
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji