[mpich2-dev] Hydra Process Manager

Rayson Ho raysonlogin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 15:21:48 CDT 2012

I'm reading the Hydra code and trying to compare Hydra's support for
different batch systems. It's good that Hydra supports most of the
common batch queueing systems! I have the following questions:

1) I could not find the design doc which is supposed to be available at:

https://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/mpich2/browser/mpich2/branches/dev/hydra/doc/hydra

Can I get access to the design doc??

2) In tools/bootstrap/external/pbs_wait.c (yes, we mainly support Open
Grid Scheduler/Grid Engine, but we also have sites running other batch
systems and thus we support infrequently support Torque & SLURM
users):

    while (events_count) {
        err = tm_poll(TM_NULL_EVENT, &e, 0, &poll_err);

    }

Seems like a busy waiting loop, is there a reason to not pass wait=1
to tm_poll()??

Thanks,

Rayson