[mpich2-dev] is there a gforker equivalent to the Windows mpich2?

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Feb 24 15:29:00 CST 2011

Hi,
 I have added some code into MPICH2 that would make your life easier. If you are ok to wait for a couple of days mpich2-1.3.3 will be out in a couple of days and you can pick up the dlls from there.
 So in your case you can run your MPI job as "mpiexec -localonly -n 2 -channel nemesis:none mympipgm.exe". Note that this does not require SMPD to be running on the node (So no need for "smpd -d 0") and with "-channel=nemesis:none" (nemesis channel with no/none network module) it should not trigger the Windows firewall.

(PS: I am assuming that the MPI job does not communicate with any processes outside the localhost/node.)
Regards,
Jayesh