[mpich2-dev] Installel MPICH2 On Windows

吴炜 wuwei at irsa.ac.cn
Wed Jan 20 00:09:55 CST 2010

Hi,I Install MPICH2 On my computer according to the instruction. It works well on the computer whose operation system is windows XP. But it doesn't work well on the Server 2003. On the Directory of "C:\Program Files\MPICH2\bin". It has only seven files.
(1) clog2TOslog2.jar
(2) irlog2rlog.exe
(3) jumpshot.jar
(4) jumpshot_launcher.jar
(5) mpiexec.exe
(6) smpd.exe
(7) traceTOslog2.jar
But does't have wmpiexc and wmpiconfig. I don't why the installtion failed! Who can tell me why?
My Operation System is Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edtion Service Pack 2
My MPICH2 is mpich2-1.2.1-win-x86-64.msi.

I wonder if I can install 32 bit MPICH2 on Windows XP Install 64 bit MPICH2 on server 2003. And the two computers can make up a cluster.

My English is broken. I don't know if I have expressed my proble exactly. Thank you very much!