[mpich2-dev] problem with running mpirun

Pawan Acharya pawn.07 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 13:54:29 CST 2010

I am trying to get used to MPICH, so first I installed MPICH version 2 was
was compile and run CG benchmark included in NAS Parallel Benchmark using
mpiexec -n 16 <name.16.W> enabling trace-enabled compilation. I assuming
this invoked 16 process in the the single node, hope I am not totally wrong
here with the idea.
Now I have to get the user defined log-file which has already done by some
other people using MPICH (version MPI 1.2.5.2), where they modified the file
"src/coll/intra_fns_new.c" deleting lines:
#ifdef HAVE_WEAK_SYMBOLS
/* Include mapping from MPI->PMPI */
#define MPI_BUILD_PROFILING
#include "mpiprof.h"
/* Insert the prototypes for the PMPI routines */
#undef __MPI_BINDINGS
#include "binding.h"
#endif

which I didn't find in the MPICH Version 2.....
So I installed the required version, but now I can't run mpirun. I get
errors like:p0_1303:  p4_error: Child process exited while making connection
to remote process.
My question is whats the difference, why it worked with mpiexec and not with
mpirun.

Best Regards,
Pawan Acharya