[mpich2-dev] MPE and collcheck

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Fri May 22 15:23:34 CDT 2009

After getting errors when running my mpi4py's testsuite, I took a look
at  src/mpe2/src/collchk/src/ ... Perhpas I got confused, but ...
regarding the implementation of CollChk_same_int(), it seems that
other calls are wrong for the case of INTERcommunicators:

1) CollChk_same_high_low
2) CollChk_same_root()

For (1), the CollChk_same_int() should be done at each side of the intercomm.

For (2), it is even more complicated, as it should make different
checks at each side, plus a global check for compatibility of the
root=MPI_ROOT at one side with the root=someint at the other side.

I could provide patches, though I'm still not sure about the best way
to implement (2).

BTW, Why in CollChk_same_int() the 'usecomm' is not PMPI_Comm_free()'ed ??

--
Lisandro Dalcín