[mpich2-dev] ADIO layering

John Bent johnbent at lanl.gov
Wed Dec 2 10:58:29 CST 2009

Hey All,

I'm coding up a PLFS ADIO layer and I'm realizing that one drawback is
that codes can't leverage multiple ADIO layers.  Is this a concern?  I
guess no-one needs PVFS/PLFS since PVFS doesn't suffer from an N-1
problem.  And no-one needs PLFS/Lustre or PLFS/PanFS since both PanFS
and Lustre have POSIX mount points.  I just thought about this and was
wondering if there are other concerns that I haven't thought of.

Also, which is probably the best skeletal ADIO layer to use as a
template?

Thanks,

John