[mpich2-dev] I would like to ask a question about the mpibzip2

陈炜钊 chenweizhaoup at 139.com
Thu Apr 2 23:46:52 CDT 2009

Hello

I would like to ask a question about the mpich2. When I use mpibzip2, Makefile of mpibzip2 told me to use this parameter -lmpi. but the
linux prompted the error mpicpp. I would like to ask how I can let my mpich2 to use this parameter -lmpi. Error as follows

[nisuser1 at master mpibzip2-0.6]$ ls
AUTHORS  ChangeLog  COPYING  Makefile  Makefile~  MakefileBak  mpibzip2.1  mpibzip2.cpp  mybin  README  README~
[nisuser1 at master mpibzip2-0.6]$ mpicc -c -O2 -o mpibzip2 mpibzip2.cpp -lbz2 -lmpi -lpthread
gcc: -lbz2: linker input file unused because linking not done
gcc: -lmpi: linker input file unused because linking not done
gcc: -lpthread: linker input file unused because linking not done
[nisuser1 at master mpibzip2-0.6]$
[nisuser1 at master mpibzip2-0.6]$
[nisuser1 at master mpibzip2-0.6]$ mpich2version
MPICH2 Version:         1.0.8
MPICH2 Release date:    Unknown, built on Mon Mar  9 08:21:54 CST 2009
MPICH2 Device:          ch3:sock
MPICH2 configure:       --prefix=/opt/mpich2
MPICH2 CC:      gcc  -O2
MPICH2 CXX:     c++  -O2
MPICH2 F77:     gfortran  -O2
MPICH2 F90:     f95  -O2