[mpich2-dev] Compiling ROMIO on BG/P system

Robert Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Oct 9 20:48:28 CDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 11:34:52PM +0200, fjblas wrote:
> Hi
>
> Could someone help me with a ROMIO compilation problem?
>
> I am trying to compile ROMIO distribution on a BG/P (ANL). The compilation
> process works fine but fails on runtime.

Hi Javi

BlueGene is a tricky platform.  Um... maybe it's easier if I just stop
by your office tomorrow morning and we can sort this out in person.

It looks like you are building ROMIO for the login node, which will
create an executable and/or library that will not work on the compute
node.

Building all of MPICH2 for BlueGene requires also building DCMF (the
BlueGene communication library).  Building just ROMIO might work, but
there is no native PVFS support on the compute nodes.   The Compute
node OS just can't support many of the calls in libpvfs2.a

==rob

--
Rob Latham