[mpich2-dev] MPI_Aint testcase development

Brian Smith smithbr at us.ibm.com
Mon Mar 10 15:28:37 CDT 2008

We are also running the test suite included with MPICH.

A small subset of that is run on every software build (basically,
everyday) and we generally try to run through the entire thing before
significant code check-ins.

Brian Smith
BlueGene MPI Development
IBM Rochester
Phone: 507 253 4717
smithbr at us.ibm.com

Michael Blocksome/Rochester/IBM at IBMUS
Sent by: owner-mpich2-dev at mcs.anl.gov
03/10/2008 03:15 PM
Please respond to
mpich2-dev at mcs.anl.gov

mpich2-dev at mcs.anl.gov
cc

Subject
[mpich2-dev] MPI_Aint testcase development

I'd like to start a discussion about MPI_Aint testcase development.

IBM is running the following test suites as each new internal development
builds become available:
1. Intelanl2006
2. SKAMPI5
3. POKMPISYS
4. POKMPIFVT

What is missing from this list are *targeted* tests for the MPI_Aint
problem. The only known test (to my knowledge) that hits the problem is
the b_eff_io program .. yet even this test was not written specifically to
the MPI_Aint problem.

Digging through my inbox, I found this from a summary email sent by Bryan
Hartlen (IBM) on 2/19:

ROMIO issue:

The Plan
1) Both IBM and ANL agree that the best way to proceed is to use what was
originally called option B (recasting)
2) Both IBM and ANL agree that IBM will assume the lead for implementing
the change (making the change(s) as required, testing and releasing)
3) Both IBM and ANL agree that IBM's effort above would benefit from any
test case development that ANL would be willing to provide.
4) Both IBM and ANL agree that IBM's scheduled release for this work in
the V1R2 release cycle (May 16) is acceptable.
5) Both IBM and ANL would like DOE's agreement that this plan above is
sufficient to remove the ROMIO issue as a gate to starting 500T acceptance

developed in order to fully test the solution to the MPI_Aint problem.

Thanks!

Michael Blocksome
Blue Gene Messaging Team Lead
Advanced Systems SW Development