[MPICH2-dev] RE: alignment hints for calculating the file domain.

Yu, Weikuan wyu at ornl.gov
Tue Jul 10 10:14:12 CDT 2007

> > Before you call calc_file_domains, how will you set fd_size?
> > Through a hint the user can override?
>
> We can do that with a separate ADIO driver. For Lustre, we
> can find out the stripe_size from the file attributes. Users
> can also suggest an hint on stripe_size of new files.

To add a little more, this can end up a need of a Lustre-specific
collective IO calls, which I think is the way we are considering. That
said, the other suggestion from Wangdi would allow the reuse of current
collective IO calls, though it would involve a little more changes. That
direction would be good too if that's something you folks prefer.

--Weikuan