[MPICH2-dev] Help needed regarding a specific file

William Gropp gropp at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jun 8 11:03:13 CDT 2006

At 03:53 AM 6/8/2006, Pinaki wrote:
>Hi
>
>I am trying to implement SuperLU on a Sun cluster of 4 nodes each being a
>Sun Blade 150, the OS is Solaris 9.
>
>Now the problem is when I try to execute any SuperLU application , I get
>the following error on screen:
>
>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>garl-sun4.serc.iisc.ernet.in> mpirun pddrive -r 2 -c 2 g20.rua -procs 4
>-machine
>file hosts
>ld.so.1: /home/pinaki/SuperLU/SuperLU_DIST_2.0/EXAMPLE/pddrive: fatal:
>libglobus_duroc_bootstrap_gcc32dbg.so.0: open failed: No such file or directory
>Killed
>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>I tried to get this solved from a group dealing with SuperLU but they
>suggested that I should get across to ANL in this regard as the problem
>lies with erronous installation of mpich.

There are two issues here:

First, the fact that the name of the library is libglobus_duroc...
indicates that you are probably using the MPICH-G2 library.  For your
platform, this is probably not the best choice.  You should use either the
native Sun MPI implementation or a version of MPICH2 that supports sockets
(or sockets and shared memory).

Second, this problem usually indicates that a shared library (things ending
in .so.digits) is either not installed on one of the machines or the search
path for shared libraries is not set appropriately on each system.  Make
sure that any shared libraries for the MPI implementation are installed in
the same place on each machine (either in a file system that all nodes
mount or as identical copies on all systems).

Bill