[MPICH2-dev] MPIEXEC occasionally hanging on application termination?

Heinz, Michael mheinz at silverstorm.com
Tue Sep 13 08:35:54 CDT 2005

We're seeing an odd problem on about 1-5% of our mpich2 test runs: the mpi application terminates successfully, but mpd/mpiexec doesn't seem to notice. The interesting thing is that if I hit return several times in the terminal where mpiexec was launched, it will eventually wake up and terminate.

Has anyone else seen this? Unfortunately, I don't know python so I'm having trouble diagnosing the problem....