[MPICH2-dev] logging/debug options?

Ashley Pittman ashley at quadrics.com
Wed Oct 19 10:32:23 CDT 2005

Is there any documentation that covers what the following macros do and
more specifically how to enable them, from looking at configure I've
tried --enable-timing=log and --enable-logging=rlog which seems to
define MPIDI_FUNC_EXIT but none of the rest.  We've tried to use them
correctly in our code but it would be nice to be able to enable them if
possible and check they are correct.

MPIDI_STATE_DECL
MPIDI_FUNC_ENTER
MPIDI_FUNC_EXIT
MPIDI_DBG_PRINTF

I've added entries to defined-states.txt where needed (purely because
the configure complains) although the code has never failed because
these are missing.

A brief over-view of how they work and how to get information out of
them at run-time would be fantastic.

Ashley,