[MPICH2-dev] Rendezvous messages broken?

Chase Douglas cndougla at purdue.edu
Wed Jul 20 12:19:06 CDT 2005

I'm just starting to hack mpich2 and am stepping through the code with the
mpich2 gdb. I created a simple program, which is attached, to see the path
through the code as it executes. If I set SIZE to an less than 256 KB, then
eager messages are sent. This works perfectly fine. However, if I set SIZE
to greater than 256 KB, then the receiver receives a rts packet and then it
hangs when it gets to sock_wait.i:84. It is waiting for receive data on
either of two sockets. However, I don't believe the sender ever sends
anything after that. My guess is that the receiver should have sent a clear
to send response after getting the rts message, and it never does. The
result is that the program just hangs.

Could anybody enlighten me as to why this is happening?

Thank you,
Chase Douglas