[MPICH2-dev] Patches for MPICH2 and PVFS2 to control distributions

Thomas Ludwig thomas.ludwig at informatik.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Jul 13 09:10:42 CDT 2005

Hi all,

two of my students here in Heidelberg have done a nice work with some
patches that allow to control distributions of data over datafiles in
PVFS2. We have patches to control it in PVFS2 and also via hints in
MPI with MPICH2. Basically it allows you to use different strip sizes
with the different datafiles such that you can balance
load. Documentation is also available! :-)

I updated the patches such that they can be applied to todays version
of PVFS2 found in CVS and to MPICH-1.0.2.

We hope that this is a useful extension and that it gets integrated
into the code permanently.

For question please contact also Tobias and Frederik.

Best regards,

     Thomas