[MPICH2-dev] cross-compilation?

Gheorghe Almasi gheorghe at us.ibm.com
Thu Aug 4 11:56:40 CDT 2005

MPICH2 compiles happily in the BlueGene cross-development environment with
cross-gcc and cross-g++. Following is an excerpt of our Makefile which
builds a VPATH build. Most of the options are irrelevant to you, but note
--host, --target, --build and --with-cross. The file pointed to by
--with-cross contains data widths for all the data types on the target
system (configure is obviously unable to determine these because it runs
on the host system ...)

-- George

        cd ${MPICH2BTBUILD} && \
        if [ ! -f Makefile ] ; then \
          PATH=${M4INST}/bin:${BLRTS_PATH} LD_LIBRARY_PATH= \
          CC="${CC_RTS}" \
          GCC="${CC_RTS}" \
          CXX="${CXX_RTS}" \
          F77="${F77_RTS} ${FFLAGS_RTS}" \
          AR="${AR_RTS}" \
          LD="${LD_RTS}" \
          CFLAGS="${CFLAGS_RTS}" \
          LANG="en_US" \
          MPILIBNAME="mpich.rts" \
          BGLINSTALLDIR=${BGLSYS_ROOT} \
          ${MPICH2DIR}/configure \
          --prefix=${BGLSYS_ROOT} \
          --host=${BLRTS_TARGET} \
          --target=${BLRTS_TARGET} \
          --build=${BUILD_ALIAS} \
          --enable-g=none \
          --enable-f90=no \
          --with-device=bgl6 \
          --with-pmi=bgl6 \
          --with-pm=dummy \
          --with-mpe=no \
          --enable-romio=yes \
          --enable-aio=no \
          --with-file-system=nfs \
          --enable-threads=single \
          --with-flibname=mpich.rts \
          --with-fwrapname=fmpich.rts \
          --with-cxxlibname=cxxmpich.rts \
          --with-cross=${MPICH2DIR}/cross \
          --enable-f77; \
        fi && \
        PATH=${BLRTS_PATH} LD_LIBRARY_PATH= LANG="en_US" ${MAKE} && \
        PATH=${BLRTS_PATH} LD_LIBRARY_PATH= LANG="en_US" ${MAKE} install
&&

David Gingold <david.gingold at sicortex.com>
Sent by: owner-mpich2-dev at mcs.anl.gov
08/04/2005 11:14 AM