[mpich-discuss] MPI_Comm_spawn / MPI_Info question

Christoph Sprenger csprenger at wetafx.co.nz
Sun Sep 16 19:18:01 CDT 2012

doh accidently pressed ctrl-enter.

it seems that hydra passes envall by default to spawned nodes which
solves pretty much my previous issue.

i am trying to figure out if its possible to do the following:
MPI_Info_set(info, "hosts", "node1,node2");

seems that they all get launched on the original node where mpiexec was run.

MPI_Info_set(info, "host", "node2");
seems to work fine and it spawns as expected on the other machine.
preferably i wanted to avoid generating a hostfile and was curious if
thats possible to supply multiple machines directly in the MPI_Info.

Cheers,
Christoph